Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2011

Bowl half-empty, bowl half-full?

Dave keeps putting out little bowls of almonds---not the honeyed ones, not the salted ones, not even the skinned ones.  He puts out bowls of skin-on, salt-off, crunchy, naked almonds.  He puts them out about 6 inches away from my laptop.

I am not an almond person.  If not for the price and the caloric count, I would be a macadamia person, or a pecanperson. 

So why am I sitting here in the dark, eating nuts I don't like, and eating lots of them I might add? 

I don't think it's a lack of self-discipline.  Why, I've been known to pass on glitzy nailpolish, avoid wine for days on end, miss out on HUGE sales and wake up before 6---all in the name of self-discipline, so that can't be it.

I don't think it's a lack of nutrient thing, like the people who eat dirt or chalk just to get a healthy buzz.  I know it has nothing to do with exercising my jaws or sharpening my teeth; I don't think it's because there's nothing else available.

Since I'm alone in the room, I don't think it's for the nuisance value of chomping, chomping, chomping followed by searching, searching, searching for little nut nuggets with my tongue.

What a conundrum!! Oh well, it doesn't really matter anyway now, since the bowl is empty.

4 comments:

  1. That is just plain nuts.

    Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night after hubby is asleep is my favorite munch, munch, munch time. Some meds I am now taking unintentionally have quelled that urge.

    But won't be on them much longer and watch out FOOD! The momentary break is not a permanent fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry. Nuts are good for you. I love pecans. Have you been introduced to the delightful concoction known as the pecan praline. One day, as we walk through the French Quarter, we shall much on pecan pralines together.

    ReplyDelete