Search This Blog

Monday 21 January 2013

A surfeit and a lack

Guess what?  It's the middle of the night and here I am so much better but sleepless.  I'm thinking the scales are still weighted in my favour.  Five hours a night may just be the perfect amount of sleep for me.

Yesterday, we celebrated Robyn's 3rd birthday.  It was joyous, it was cupcake-adorned, it got slightly raucous from time to time, and it was also photoless.  I know why I didn't take any photos.  My camera gave it up, and "camera" is low on my list of priorities post-Christmas, mid-birthdays and pre-Valentine's Day.  Besides that, even when I purloin someone else's, my photos are always a tad blurry.

However, there were 5 iPhones, 2 iPods, a SmartPhone, 3 sets of parents, a photo-savvy friend and amazing opportunities all together in the same room, and we still don't have any photos.

We have wonderful memories though of Julia, Emma and lots of laughter; sparkly t-shirts and leggings, enhancements for a LeapPad, a playhouse with 4 doors and 4 doorbells (rrrring, dingdong, rrrrrrrrring,ring and BLAHHHH!), chocolate cupcakes with a cream cheese-chocolate chip filling, bad jokes, good ones and Dave with Robyn's pink sweatpants on his head, looking a bit like a huge rabbit with floppy ears.

Can't wait till she's four.



3 comments:

  1. No pictures. Sigh .... What am I going to do with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she's already 3 and I can't believe in this day and age you have no pictures. That's kind of kooky and very retro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Robyn had a great birthday with lots of people to share their love with her.

    ReplyDelete