Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 July 2013

But I wasn't wearing the cucumbers

This morning my phone rang at 10:00 a.m.  I was asleep at the time, but that's not the point.  The point is that I had an important teleconference at 11 and, by accident, I was awakened an hour before.  I usually use an hour before a teleconference to get ready:  think about who I'm talking to, what I hope to hear, what I hope to get across.  This morning, my hour was spent making and eating breakfast, washing and getting dressed, email checking to make sure I had no urgent mail.  I did.  Then I tried my voice out once or twice, spent 10 minutes panicking about why I might have slept 14 hours last night and 5 minutes getting ready for the call.

The call wasn't hard, but I'm still feeling like I slept in a box of mud, got up, and forgot how to walk.  Damn, I hate getting old.

3 comments:

  1. Do the cucumbers really work? I hate getting old, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were awake enough to take your important call. Kinda scary that you might have slept until 11 and been awakened by your important call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting old has its downside, but I still prefer it to the alternative.

    In my case, getting old means that I could never sleep for 14 hours. I can barely get 8 if I'm really out of it -- 7 being the usual max. I can be dead tired at 9PM but won't go to bed for at least another hour because I don't want to get up at 4 or 5AM.

    ReplyDelete