Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Mouths of babes, parts of crones

Robyn:  "You have very knobbly hands, Mina"
Me:  "the better to knobble you with my dear...." (rubbing my knuckles on her head)
Robyn:  (not amused)  "Mina!...."

Time passes.  I go for the mail and am delighted to find a small parcel from my cousin Joan.  She has an Etsy site, and makes jewellery, so you can imagine the bonding involved.  I had ordered a wrap bracelet which looked gorgeous at the site but even more lovely in the little box, so I decided to take a shot of how well the new bracelet mingled with my bangles, of which I have few left.  Who knew silver would buckle after 30 years of wear?


Everyone:  "You have very knobbly hands!!!"


7 comments:

  1. I barely noticed the hands thanks to the shiny, sparkly pretty things!! Plus, you've earned your knobs. We should all be so proud of our knobbly bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true, but as a shallow and vain person, I never imagined the joy in just being able to move the various parts around, regardless of their knobbliness

      Delete
  2. Hello! Visiting from 'Heart in Hand's' little corner of the blogosphere. ;)
    I love bangles, and silver, and wrap bracelets, and other jewelry, and Etsy. I have a shop there, too. It's not as stocked as I'd like it to be right now, but then again, how can I blog and FB and get 'round to meet new people, and do all the other daily things AND be an entrepreneur too? Better get back to work now though for awhile... my craft room awaits.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't exactly 'pretty-up' as we age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that means they've changed a lot of diapers, held a lot of babies, weeded a lot of gardens and written a lot of funny stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention applied a lot of lip gloss, cradled many a wine glass, tore off thousands of scores of chocolate bar wrappers, still spell all the bus ads in ASL letters, and occasionally find themselves transformed into a living version of a naughty expression.

      Delete
    2. I love your posts! And your jewelry is gorgeous!! Silver is my favorite. Wish I had a cousin, Joan!! ;)

      Delete