Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 September 2015

I use the word "siblings"!

Thanksgiving is going to be a bit different this year.  We usually get together all our Ottawa family, Emily cooks a wonderful traditional meal, we host it so that everyone is incredibly squishy at the table and near the end of dinner, Dave will ask us to think of the things we're thankful for---especially our friends and family.  That always brings me close to tears.

This Thanksgiving, Dave, my brother Pat and I are leaving the Ottawa family behind and driving to Barrie where our sisters Mary and Kathy (and her lovely guy Bob) will be visiting, and where our brothers Sean and Doug live.  It will be the first time since our mother's funeral that we will be all together, and I'm crying just anticipating it.  Please don't tell any of them.  Although, they might figure it out on their own, given my reputation for copious tears.

I can't access photos of my brothers and sisters today because I'm still trying out this Chromebook (which has too sensitive a keyboard for someone whose hands shake, and we will be sending it back, I think) but I intend to pull rank on my younger siblings and get lots of photos next week.

3 comments: