The other day, I saw this offering from"Word of the Day" and wrote myself a mental note to work a post around it. Writing mental notes isn't always that successful but I think the word carries its own destiny.
smooth; especially : having a surface without hairs or projections
Unlike the fuzzy peach, the nectarine has a glabrous skin."Wounds that involve the glabrous surface of the hand ideally are replaced with skin that possesses the same characteristics as the adjacent skin."
I imagine you can see the possibilities. Here's a list of glabrous things that have come my way lately:
- not my chin
- my glabrous grandchildren, although I can't be too sure about Phoebe, now that she's a teenager
- not my legs
- a wonderful apple I'd never tasted before but can't remember the name of
- not the screen on my laptop
- every e-book on my eReader
- not any part of Dave (except that lovely smooth bit that looks like a tonsure)
- the granite counter-top on which I just spilled my hot chocolate
- not my cat, of fond memory, which is easy because her non-gabrous hair still lingers in corners
- the woman who sold us this condo