- first, and foremost, I learned that getting maniacal about housework can lead to physical injury of the grisliest kind----I had one of my fingernails torn off down past the quick. It was shocking and painful.
- then I learned that people with arthritic hands are not the best candidates for taking up cuticle clippers in aid of torn fingernails
- I proceeded to find out that mishandled cuticles can have a strong reaction to lemon juice, while trying to apply brown sugar and lemon juice to a piece of toast---total lack of judgment
- later in the day, I was reminded how bandaids applied to fingertips invariably get both filthy and shabby in about 60 seconds
- even later, after a visit to the nearby drugstore, the lesson was brought home to me that if you buy a package of faux nails with 12 different sizes, not one will fit you
|One of these things is not like the other|