Search This Blog

Friday 23 December 2011

Many ones (of the ways)....

Who knows what's going to happen over the next few days, so I'm putting all my trivia in one place:


  • one of the ways it sucks to get old:  this morning I cheerfully rolled wrinkle-smoother under my arms and deodorant on my face
  • one of the ways it's wonderful to get old:  when I went into Bouclair, all the sales staff were wearing sequinned aprons, and when I asked if they sold them, no one even blinked
  • one of the ways it is wonderful growing old with Dave:  he's making Cranberry Cream Cheese fudge, and I didn't have to ask
  • one of the ways it sucks to grow old with Dave:  since I met him, I'm 30 lbs heavier---of course that took almost 38 years
  • one of the ways I've celebrated Christmas, and honoured anybody who reads here:  I give a donation in your collective names to Children's Literacy.
Have a happy and safe holiday, and a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka, Happy Kwanza or Happy Tolerance of the Goings-on.


5 comments:

  1. Another joy of growing old is that the kids are cooking the turkey. However, we are doing the extra stuffing as well as the creamy onions. At least Cuppa is, but I did a lot of the chopping for the stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all, but especially that last one! Merry Christmas back to you and Dave and the whole fam damily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it -- especially the last one!!! Maybe next year I'll try it!!!! And Dave can send me some of that fudge -- sounds like a serious yum!!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "politically correct" greetings of the season. My list of growing old might not be as cheerful as yours-depends on what day I write it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thank you for a donation to your charity on all our behalves (sp?). Growing old is not for sissies, as they say, but my 88 and 86 year old sisters tell me I haven't seen anything yet. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete