Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 November 2012

OtherLorna here

I'm thinking I should change the name of my blog to Lorna in the Middle of the Night.  Maybe not as concise as Lorna in Wonderland, but pretty representative.

Lorna in the Middle of the Night sees and does things that OtherLorna doesn't.  For example, I woke up to a half-finished glass of wine on my bedside table; I actually read the nice little note from Natrel on the milk carton before I collapsed it and stashed it in the recycling; I spent about 10 minutes trying to imagine what kind of living thing made the tracks  in the snow outside the living room window that look like we were visited by a drunken biped, foot-high creature; I ignored my e-mail; I ate a mandarin orange without longing for a square of dark chocolate; I neglected to check whether or not I had an unruly cowlick; I cared for my plants, rather than having to clandestinely rescue my plants; I ate another mandarin orange and a pear; I tried to make a list of things look like an ordinary narrative.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?


5 comments:

  1. I done much middle-of-the-night rambling lately, but I have never once had the urge to eat mandarin oranges. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me.

    After a 3:30 morning yesterday followed by back spasms later in the day, I managed to get close to 8 hours last night before arising at 6, so things are looking up. What things, I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lorna in the Middle of the Night just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do lots of night rambling. In fact I have been tentatively labeled with an eating disorder known as night eating. When the lights go out I am hungry when I awaken. No kidding there is such a disorder and I have a book written about it. And it is very hard to break as a kind of sleep walking is often involved. I often awakened in the morning to find remains of wrappers or crumbs and wonder what mouse had been in the kitchen....OOPS it must have been me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! maybe we shud have those live cams on so if one of us it up the other knows.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what is called living in the moment, but don't you wish these sensory happenings were going on during the day?

    ReplyDelete