Search This Blog

Monday 3 February 2014

And now, for something completely different...

I have discovered a wonderful series available from Acorn online TV:

FOR MATURE AUDIENCES. Agatha Christie's masterful storytelling gets a dash of French flair in these sexy, witty mysteries. In 1930s France, Superintendent Larosire has a passion for beautiful women and solving cases, while hapless young inspector Lampion just tries to keep up. And in the mid-50s, ultra-suave Commissioner Laurence unravels the knottiest crimes. These French adaptations are a fresh, stylish twist on classic Christie tales. English subtitles.

I've been jumping around since I finished the seven seasons of Foyle's War---the reason I bought into it in the first place.  I've watched Midsomer Murders,

Vera (which is very good),







 

Rosemary and Thyme (which is always set in beautiful gardens and just silly enough to make me miss the two amateur detectives when the episode is finished.  And the two women drink copious amounts of wine between them and casually ogle beautiful young men). 

I'd always liked Cracker and have dabbled over there, but Cracker's not merry.  When I'm feeling like only half-watching, I go for Marple, and I was totally, totally engaged with William and Mary.  
I watched them for days on end when I had the flu.


I don't know what I'm going to do when I've gone through all the mysteries that are watchable.  I'm holding off to watch this one until Dave and I can watch it together:





I do know I'm going to pass on Miss Fisher's series, even though the costumes and sets are smashing.  I made the mistake of reading one of these mysteries on Kobo and wanted to see how it translated.  Smashing costumes.

We don't get much I'm willing to watch on Netflix---anybody have suggestions on otherways to wile away the hours on a laptop?

No comments:

Post a Comment