Search This Blog

Monday 10 February 2014

Keep it simple, sweetheart

Yesterday I sat down in my papasan in the bedroom, and I just felt such peace and happiness, I wanted Dave to take a photo of it.



It's hard to imagine that a ratty old chair and a bunch of pillows could be so comfortable, and so perfect a way to remind myself that I don't have to do the washing till tomorrow, and that there are still a couple of hours before I have to think about dinner.

That chair, which I notice I called "my" papasan is one of several rattan chairs that we have had over the years---one a mamasan and one a basket chair that we hung from the ceilingand several that lived outdoors.

This is one that got picked up from someone's lawn early one garbage morning sans pillow.  We were moving and it was so easy to find the perfect place for it in our new place, which I think must be the apartment we're in now.  I'm so grateful.








There are other things that make this a happy place for me.  This is the shelf that I can snuggle up to, which holds calming blue things and always has room for a glass of wine and a snack.

And of course, there are these, in their hundreds, and my lovely Kobo Mini which is on its last legs, Alas!

Life IS good.

2 comments:

  1. I need a special spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR THIS!! I need a special spot, too. This is good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete