Search This Blog

Monday 16 June 2014

In which I act like a lovelorn teen

1961...forLorna
Dave is coming home today after 5 weeks of camping, touristing, hiking, observing, and searching out good ice cream with his brother.

I am as excited as I was in 1974, when he decided to cut short his backpacking trip to Europe and joined me and my kids in an apartment built into the slope of the roof of a house on Cooper Street.

I woke up early this morning, knowing that sleeping in was not in the cards, but wanting to treat this day like any other Monday, (actually, for retired people, that means like Saturday), but I'm two coffees in and just getting more wound up.  This is not good, as I like to present a genteel, calm, collected facade.  And it's not good because they won't get here until after dinner tonight.

I was so glad when Dave and Lloyd were planning their trip, so happy that they were having such a great and fulfilling trip but enough is enough.  Drive on!

  

4 comments:

  1. I am sure he'll be as happy to get home as you will be to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably still nestled in with him, right? *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUST what I was going to say! Great minds, Heart...

      Delete