Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Faraway Friday ( now Moderately Annoying Monday)

Fifteen years ago, for almost two years Dave was studying for his master's in Victoria, and I was at home in Ottawa, still working.  Did we have email?  I don't think so because we used to talk on the phone sometimes (no cross-Canada deals on  long distance) and write to each other often.

Partway through his time there, he discovered and sent me a lovely piece of music by Connie Kaldor.  It made me cry to get it, and it made me happy, and since then, if it shows up on our various playlists, we always dance to it.

 This is the place I would have embedded that song, "Love Letters" from her album "Vinyl Songbook", but two hours yesterday trying to follow even the this is how, stupid directions, and another hour today makes me feel unempowered and frustrated.  I do not like this feeling.  I am going to play "Love Letters" for myself.

3 comments:

  1. I can't find the video online but am listening to the song right now. Connie writes some good 'uns! If you send me a link to the video, I'll send you the code to paste into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fascinates me that certain music so readily transports us back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the song, but as long as you do and can play it ...

    There was certainly email 15 years ago, but maybe you didn't have it at the time.

    ReplyDelete