Search This Blog

Monday 27 July 2015

BIG guilty pleasure

I have a few guilty pleasures, almost all of which are based on ownership of a disreputable number of whatevers, like shoes, chocolates, books, Pinot Grigio, scarves and gel pens.  That is not an all-inclusive list, by the way.

Given that guilt is something I am seldom without, it seems reasonable though, and definitely manageable.

This particular guilty pleasure was a movie...a movie I would probably not have seen had not my daughter Sarah invited me to go out Friday afternoon, and neither of us had done any investigative research.  Which would have been redundant anyway.

The only local review of it, which we didn't see before we chose the movie, said in several cranky ways "This is one of the most unintelligent, boring mysoginous movies I've ever seen."

I don't know to what I can attribute our amazingly good experience with this movie except that it was Friday, I hadn't seen a movie in weeks, we went out together and had Mars bars and popcorn and we were 2 of the only 5 people in the auditorium.

We laughed at everything rude, at lots of things that were vicious take-downs, at absolutely impossible matches of faces to crotches, a physically impossible car/scooter chase and we left entirely pleased with ourselves.

And to add to the unbelievableness, I kept forgetting that Jude Law was in the movie.

Thanks Sarah!

 


5 comments:

  1. Hey, if you ever want to laugh at things you shouldn't be laughing at, watch Tosh.O on TV.
    Sometimes a person just wants to laugh at ridiculousness without thinking about being politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie when I was on holidays. Best movie!! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H in H; I know you've made a change to your blogsite, and I can't enter it. If that is deliberate, so be it; if not, can you tell me how to get back to reading yourstuff.

      Delete
    2. you can send mail to dancer.crl@gmail.com

      Delete