Search This Blog

Sunday 4 October 2015

Sort of anti-Thoreau

All my life I have thought of myself as a non-nature person.  Not that I hate nature.  I accept it as it seems to have accepted me, but I always saw myself as somewhat detached from it.

That thought makes me wonder why I have an amber glass duck lamp on my desk, why there are about 40 different representations of cats in glass, stone, wood and leather strung around our 900 square feet and why we are growing 10 plants in the front window.  And there's a stained glass heron lamp in the living room and a 2 foot wooden one glued to the floor in the hall with that awful blue stuff that never comes off.  
Just today I hung 5 different-coloured fish in the bathroom, making my silver and turquoise design completely redundant (looking pretty good with the mermaid outfit though).

And to add to my confusion, as I was writing this post I noticed that I've chosen a tree-of-life pattern for my new bracelet.

Is there some sort of scientific name for someone who suddenly adopts the natural in place of the regular shallow stuff she's craved all her life?   Is there a withdrawal program for DavidSuzukiness?

2 comments:

  1. The only cure for DavidSuzukiness is to take a big swig (out of the last post's wine glass) of Alberta Tar Sands Tailings. Well, it fixed them ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the girl outta the country but you can't take the ....

    ReplyDelete