- one day, I instigated the big cleanup of the small apartment by asking Dave if he would do the sweeping before I tackled the floors; then I slept through the moving of the furniture, the sweeping of the floors, the washing/waxing of the floors, the dusting of everything that had been on the floors, the return of the furniture to its accustomed place, and the making of lunch. Have I mentioned before that Dave is meticulous?
- I discovered that Kindle may not be the be-all and end-all of eReaders. The jury (me) is still out on this, but the biggest drawback is how hard it is to load anything that hasn't been sold or given away by Amazon. And the Kobo is waaaaaay lighter than the Kindle. Ounces count apparently. Who knew?
- I ate asparagus. Ever since I've been able to remember, I've hated the smell of that vegetable, and have avoided it with vigour. My cousin Sue served some beautiful looking white and green asparagus the other day. I still hate it, and I'm never consistent. Sue, on the other hand, I adore.
- I went outdoors in chilling, bitter weather the other day, wearing a nightgown, a terrycloth robe, bare feet in my boots, a faux fur jacket with no hat or scarf, and all before I'd brushed my teeth or hair. We were awakened by what turned out to be a false alarm at 5:45 a.m., after I'd been up past two, drinking in The Last Emperor on TCM. I spent a few muddled moments trying to turn off the alarm with the thermostat, looking for our deceased cat and wondering if I had time to make coffee. All impossible.
- We had 10 people and a toddler for brunch on sunday to wish Emily a happy birthday, and in the midst of the warm but very messy chaos, had a chance to hear Emily play and sing "Hello mudda, hello fadda, here I am at Camp Granada", using her birthday ukelele. You never know what will bring joy.
- I had my face painted this morning to celebrate Family Day---a black and white star on my cheek, with silver glitterdust. Then I forgot I'd had it done and sat in a bar drinking wine and reading a book and gamely smiling back at all the starstruck bystanders. Then to make matters worse, I mistakenly took a nap and left the star on my pillow.
Monday, 21 February 2011
Lorna does stuff
Since I last posted, I've done some interesting things: