Search This Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

Catch-ups by the number


  1. I can't believe how cavalier I've been about blogging lately.  A lot of it has to do with family and a lot with having had my laptop off to Dell for service, and had it come back almost unrecognizable.  Not their fault, by the way.  I think I was recognizing something that was never meant to be before I had it serviced.  My interactions with Facebook and Google + have been not so good either.  Not surprisingly my interactions with Dave have improved 63%.
  2. Last weekend I was in Montreal with my daughter Emily to see The Civil Wars, about whom I can't say enough wonderful stuff.  Their opening act was a fantastic, energizing, innovative group called Milo Greene whose website just doesn't give them justice.  It was an amazing evening in so many ways.
  3. Hallowe'en just slipped past me, which is the way I like it, but we did get some pretty cute photos, which I'll throw in at the bottom, so as not to break up my numbering system.
  4. Except for 2 days, I've been pain-free and close to my previous level of agility and flexibility.  As I might have predicted, the two exceptional days seemed worse than anything since January, just because I'd been "normal", which surprisingly, I just spelled as "nirmak", thus nullifying my claim.
  5. Dave and I fell in love with the new Hyundai Volester and spent an hour or so crawling all over it, discreetly (we hoped) drooling.  I was so taken with it that I didn't even shiver when Dave chose the orange one as his favourite.  Not shivering didn't earn me any points though.  Dave still thinks it's not a great idea to buy a new car, and of  course, part of its charm for me is that it's a new car.
  6. Chris, our son, is coming home for his birthday next week.  We saw him briefly in September when I couldn't let my joy override my impulse to beg him to stop smoking again.  This time, I'm going to be a mind-my-own-business mum when I can pull it off.  
  7. I fell for the all-media marketing of the Genie Bra two weeks ago.  There is something so comforting about their offer of "If you buy three bras, we'll send you six".  It wasn't so comforting to find that when I'd ordered two sets, which I saw as six bras, they sent me twelve.  No one needs twelve of any item of clothing, as far as I know, but I'd had to pay duty on all of them, and didn't hold out much hope of being able to recoup any of that, so I now have four white, four black and four beige of a very comfortable piece of underwear which seems to keeps its promise of washability.  Too much info?
  8. I'v decided to make a major inroad in my fight against vanity, vanity, all is vanity by printing a "this is what 69 looks like" photo.  That will be followed by the changing of my name and address.
 


with a totally different objective, here is a link to the Halloween photos of some of my kids and grandkids.  The masks Julia and Bruce are wearing were made by them.

6 comments:

  1. Your 69 is quite lovely and I love the car, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding blogging, I've decided to blog only when the mood strikes me and not torture myself about it...much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is slogging lately.

    Thanks for #7. Cracked me right up. I was howling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should hold a bra give-away contest on your blog! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Stubblejumpin' Gal's idea. I've seen the ads for Genie Bras, but I've got to go Google to see what in the heck makes them unique. You are a most lovely 69-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size? Maybe I'll buy some off you or u can sell them on eBay. U can email me the size if u don' want to put that out there ;)

    ReplyDelete